What We Offer
We are searching for smart people to join our growing team. You’ll work alongside a talented, friendly, diverse group of people who all love to learn new things and deliver client value.
A friendly and flexible environment with lots of autonomy and meaningful work for everyone.
Funding for work-related courses and training to accelerate your professional development.
Comprehensive health coverage and 100% paid premiums across health, dental and life insurance.
People + Culture
Smart co-workers all growing and enjoying working together to help us shape a better future.
The Site Foreman, working together with the Head Office personnel is responsible and accountable for providing leadership and project management to the site supervisor and field employees in all phases of production to maximize profits, maintain high quality customer service and productivity standards within a safe and healthy work environment.
- Professionally represent B&N with developers, suppliers, consultants, engineers, municipal authorities, Ministry of Labour and all other agencies involved in the project
- Effectively manage all rental and in-house equipment to ensure maximum utilization
- Maintain office reporting requirements, daily reports, time cards, operator reports, production verification, quality inspections and enforce all company policies
- Schedule and ensure projects have proper layout and survey requirements
- Ensure the correct allocation of manpower and equipment to minimize the cost on all jobs and eliminate all forms of costly waste.
- Monitor and supervise the quality of work and production of all sub-contractors, especially hourly sub-contractors, to ensure they are working efficiently.
- Administer all Company safety policies and schedule weekly site safety meeting (“toolbox meeting”) with all workers. Minutes of the meeting will be filed with a copy provided to the office
- Coordinate site inspections with municipalities, consultants, sub-contractors and owners, as required. Immediate rectification of any deficient work is required to obtain Substantial Completion of the project on a timely basis without delay
- Communicate contract requirements to foremen, review production rates, quality workmanship and contract compliance
- Review all contract drawings for discrepancies and coordinate required changes with the field, the Project manager and the office. Ensure advanced ordering and scheduling of any required specialty materials to meet contract deadlines
- Investigate all near misses/incidents/accidents and provide written reports to the H&S Officer within 12 hours of the incident
- Ensure and enforce compliance to all company, client and legislated safety policies and procedures
- Any additional duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Business Perspective
- Organizational Awareness
- Negotiation and procurement
- Interpersonal and relationship building
- Customer service oriented
- Information management
- Organizing & planning skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Stress tolerance due to fluctuations in workload – sometimes requiring overtime hours
Education and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience as a Field Foreman or similar role working in the relevant industry;
- Experience with hazardous material removal
- Ability to meet tight tender deadlines while maintaining accuracy;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Site hours vary by job
- Occasional Saturdays and Sundays required during peak business times
- Exposure to hazardous materials (asbestos, mould, lead, etc.)
- Light to infrequently moderate physical effort. Requires handling of light and moderate weight objects including office equipment and other office supplies and, frequently, sitting for prolonged periods of time while using the telephone and computer.
Great environment to work in. We offer competitive remuneration and benefits, employee engagement, diversity and inclusion, career development opportunities, professional innovation within a family business atmosphere and retention: average tenure is 12 years of service.
We are currently looking for Labourers with the following qualifications to join our team:
- Construction experience preferred.
- Hazardous materials removal experience is an asset.
- Training will be provided.
- Good physical condition required.
- A strong work ethic is required.
- Union position with LiUNA Local 1059 or LiUNA Local 506 membership.
- Non-Union candidates may be sponsored into the Union after a trial period.
- Must be willing to work overtime, paid according to the Collective Agreement.